SCAD Pack 32 software

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Customer has a SCADAPack 32 PLC and we may need to connect and work with the logic during some valve replacement work. The new valves will probably operate much faster than the old ones, so some things may need to be tweaked. We might get lucky and not have to do anything, but want to be prepared.

I think I need Telepace Studio, but may also need the newer Isagraph software.

Is it possible to connect and go online without the source code for these?

Do they support online editing or something equivalent?

Thanks.

It's been a few years since I did anything with a SCADAPack32, but if I recall I was able to upload a TelePACE program from a running controller. No documentation with the logic, of course.

Customer has a SCADAPack 32 PLC and we may need to connect and work with the logic during some valve replacement work. The new valves will probably operate much faster than the old ones, so some things may need to be tweaked. We might get lucky and not have to do anything, but want to be prepared.

I think I need Telepace Studio, but may also need the newer Isagraph software.

Is it possible to connect and go online without the source code for these?

Do they support online editing or something equivalent?

Thanks.

Telepace Studio supports online edits. You'll need the IsaGraf will need the dongle.
Holler at me if you need help, as I talk to your sidekick most every week.

Isagraf will allow you to pull the program out as well. No online edits though.
If they have the backup you will be able to tell which it is right away. Isagraf (v3.55) uses the *.pia extension for its archive.

The real catch can be determining the comm settings or ip address.
From the sp32 manual you can see that by pushing the button the right amount of time you can default the serial port settings to.9600 addr 1. Unfortunately the IP address defaults to 0.0.0.0. This is also temporary for you to get the project out and see the actual.settings. cycle power and it's back to.normal
warning. Do not push button too long or you wipe out the program.
My first step on a site with a scadapack no backup or nothing is to use the firmware loader to check the firmware after you have defaulted serial comms.
It will either say telepace or isagraf. Then I know which to.pull the program out with.
If you need help let me know.
Manual:
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sour...uP9kkxkwzM9EtlQvg&sig2=afYRBoidR-7JJXCLXxao9Q

Not so straightforward sometimes. If the SCADAPack was programmed in the older Telepace software (not studio) then it must be opened with Telepace Studio and downloaded to the PLC before you can go online. Another catch...if it was programmed with a version of Telepace (not Studio) older than v3.3 then it has to be opened and saved in version 3.3 or higher first, and then opened in Telepace Studio, then downloaded...and away you go. Note that the varible values aren't uploaded, so don't do a reset on the SCADAPack unless you have them all written down. Hope this helps. I've never heard of Isagraf.

Not so straightforward sometimes. If the SCADAPack was programmed in the older Telepace software (not studio) then it must be opened with Telepace Studio and downloaded to the PLC before you can go online. Another catch...if it was programmed with a version of Telepace (not Studio) older than v3.3 then it has to be opened and saved in version 3.3 or higher first, and then opened in Telepace Studio, then downloaded...and away you go. Note that the varible values aren't uploaded, so don't do a reset on the SCADAPack unless you have them all written down. Hope this helps. I've never heard of Isagraf.

Unless he wants to use the older telepace software to make the changes. Lol

And isagraf is used on multiple platforms. It's not directly by Schneider. I use it more than telepace and telepace studio. Now.

Last edited:
Unless he wants to use the older telepace software to make the changes. Lol

And isagraf is used on multiple platforms. It's not directly by Schneider. I use it more than telepace and telepace studio. Now.

True...it could be done on the old version to save some $ but maybe not some headaches. LOL I will have to check out isagraf. Thanks DwSoFt!

And isagraf is used on multiple platforms. It's not directly by Schneider. I use it more than telepace and telepace studio.

Frighteningly, this is true. Apparently the Micro800 series by Rockwell also uses ISaGraf. Ugh. <shudders> 🙃 o_O

Help for the scada pack 330 and Telepace

Hello, I am new here. Early I want to give them an apology for my english but I am from Veracruz, Mexico and my english is not very cool. I need help about TelePace Studio, I would like know if Can I simulate in the software without the PLC connected. I need start to learn about this software but I don`t have the PLC right now. If I could do it, How can I do it? Thanks you for you attention, I appreciate.

Welcome Ramver. I don't think you can simulate in this software but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone else will comment if they know a way. Ha...just saw where you looked at the same Youtube video I just watched. No answers there. By the way, your English is better than my Spanish!!

Last edited:
Help about TelePace Studio

Hello bluenoser337 thanks for your answer. I appreciate the help, taking advantage I tell you if you could help me about general use about TelePace Studio, I will make the sensing of differents analog sensors, how can I do it? Read it, and show the data. Thanks