Factory Talk View ME - Open pop up and close all other pop ups?

markymark94

Hi all,

I have multiple goto buttons that open up display windows when clicked on. However, I want to make it so that when I click on one of the buttons it opens up its display window, while also automatically closing any other open display windows.

I tried doing this using macros (more specifically I tried following this thread, but was unable to get it to work: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=108293 )

Can anyone help walk me through this process?

Thanks!

You could try having the PLC do more of the work with timers, rather than solely based on macros and internal memory tags of the HMI. All of the suggestions on the referenced threads look good so I'm just trying to think of a different method if those aren't working for ya.

On your go to display buttons, change those to momentary buttons that set bits in the PLC. Use those bits in the PLC to close all on top displays, reset the remote display number, and then after a short time delay open up the desired pop up by setting the new remote display number.

There are two ways (that I know of) to close all the OnTop displays in FTView ME

1. Use the global connection Close All On Top Displays
2. Make a display change, of the Replace type. Closes all OnTop displays that do not have "cannot be replaced" set on.

The problem I see with #1 is timing. It's not easy to close all the displays first, then open the OnTop that you want.
BlueAltezza has a good idea in the PLC, where you can control the timing exactly.

You could also try using a bunch of macros.
Macro Button 1 triggers the Global Connection to close all displays, and sets a temp tag for the OnTop that you do want to open.
Remote Macro (Global Connections) could trigger Macro 2 when your temp tag <>0. That Macro 2 should write your temp tag to the Remote Display Number connection (Global Connections) to open your OnTop.

You should also have a Startup macro on your OnTop displays, which will reset all those tags to starting values (ex. 0).

No doubt, all those macros will add a lot of delays. Speed up the max update rate for your Global Connections until the timing breaks down. If you only use HMI memory tags, you likely could make it go very fast.