PanelView Plus ENET very Slow

wa5yom

I have a PanelView Plus 700 connected via Ethernet to a SLC 5/05.
The application is very simple, pushbuttons, etc.
When I push a button the indicator is vey slow to respond, about 2 to 3 seconds.

Any suggestions?

That's a classic beginner's mistake that I've made myself. RSView ME displays (by which I mean one "screen" or "page") are updated all at once, at the rate defined for the display.

The default update rate is 1 second, which makes a lot of first-time projects appear super slow, even when they are connected to a very fast network like EtherNet/IP.

I usually don't set the update faster than 100 milliseconds because that's about as fast as an operator can push a button or interpret information on the screen.

Something else to remember is the function key hold time, if it is set high it also will slow down displays on status, IE hold time 0.5 sec,reduce that time will also increase the update rate, just don't set it to 0, defeats the safety factor of that delay time if the key is accidently hit.