Siemens S7-200 Plc

salah

I have Siemens PLC (S7-200 CPU 224 ) with software package (STEP7-Micro/WIN 32 Version 2.1)and PC-PPI interface cable.
When using the UPLOAD function in order to copy the user program stored in the PLC to my personal computer the system display message which indicate that it is not possible to copy the user program.
Can any body tell me what could be the reason for not possible to upload the user program from the PLC.
Note: The communication was tested and working properly.

MicroWin 2.1 is an old version. Perhaps you need a newer version. AFAIK, the lastest is Micro/Win32 v3.2

Hello,
Thank you for your replay. Please be informed that I used STEP7 Micr/WIN 32 Version 3.1 but still no communication and I could not upload the program from the S7-200 PLC.
The system we have is redundant CPU 224 PLC system, is this could cause the communication failure because the interface ports may have special configuration.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Salah

try to upload when the plc is not running. Also try to send us the exact message u have

one other reason could that the cpu is protected .

Also i remmber when using cpu 226 there was switch for mode something like terminal/host but i am not sure that this is the case in 224 , if u have a similar switch try to switch it before uploading

Last edited:
After all this time you are still working on the same project??

You could of changed it to a S7300 by now :), hell the software you have now is out of date...

wow.jpg