Panel View 300 Micro Comms Issue - Help!

timtimmo

Hi to everyone.

Newbie status.. Trying to learn and program starter PLC and panel view package. Have found all your posts really useful in getting me started, many thanks to anyone who takes the time to offer help.

I have searched the forum high and low and tried many things to solve these problems as suggested before posting... so here goes with the issue.

System Set Up
Panel View 300 Micro, Cat 2711-M3A19L1
Real Serial Port Connected via 1761-CBL-PM02-SER C cable
RS Link Classic Lite Revision 2.54.00.11 CPR 9 SR 1
Panel Builder Version 03.82.01 (Build 451)
RS Logix Micro Starter Lite Version 8.11.00

I know the Serial port and RSLinx works OK as I can connect online to a Micrologix 1000 no trouble. But when I try and connect to the panel view......no joy!

I know the panel view is DH-485 and various posts suggest connecting to be an issue unless you use a "real" Serial port.

Have tried most of the suggested drivers (1747 PIC / AIC+) - baud rate and node are correct as per the panel view configuration... am I missing something????!!!!

I have also read that the firmware can be changed back to RS232 (DF1) which may be a neat solution as well... but I do not have a copy of the firmware upload utility
WinMBFWDL.exe ? (It is not in my software directory and I do not have the original CD as suggested in other posts).

Amy help would be truly appreciated.

Mark

If your PC is running windows XP service pack 2 (SP2), then you should be able to set up a PIC driver using the same cable you use with the Micrologix (1761-CBL-PM02).

I have recently done this with the exact same HMI, cable, and a ML1000.

First, make sure that you are NOT running RSLinx as a service. Configure the 1747 PIC driver, and be sure to give it a node address that won't be used by either the PV300 or the ML1000. I usually give the laptop node number 31, the PV300 is node 2, and the ML1000 is node 1.

I remember getting an error when starting the PIC driver "sometimes". Once, I had to shut down and restart RSLinx to get the driver to work, but once configured, it should be okay. Just look for the driver to show RUNNING next to it in your configuration screen in RSLinx. If you see ERROR, or STOPPED, then the driver is not functioning.

Also, depending on which Micrologix unit you have, you should be able to set its serial port for DH485, so you can use the same PIC driver for both RSLogix and PB32.

If that doesn't help, make sure that there are no other software packages using the serial port of the PC.

If you are running Windows XP SP3, then there is an unofficial workaround to allow the PIC driver to run, just say so, and we can help find find the info...

Paul

Thanks Paul,

Have been going back over old tracks and the PIC driver fails to load when I start RSLinx standalone (not as a service). I am running XP Pro SP3 so I think your bottom comment may be the solution.

Please advise SP3 workaround.

Thank you ..... I have been pulling my hair out for days!

Mark

Hi,

Bottom link worked a treat.... had to place the SP2 Sernum file in the 2 places detailed in this link, re-install RSlinx and away we go!

Many thanks for the replies and posts