S7-1200 to S7-1200 communication.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,
I have two S7-1200 in separate panels, and I need them to communicate with each other using an Ethernet cable.
I've done some research, but there seem to be several approaches to make it happen.
I only need a few bits from one of the PLCs to be read by the other one.
What is the easiest method? Be aware I'm new with Siemens.

Thank you!

Put/Get are easy, and work pretty well. The nice part about them is also the gotcha: you only need to use the block on one side or the other, not both, which means the communication may only be documented on one side. I usually recommend that Get is harder to get into trouble with than Put.

One of the worst things in troubleshooting is going through your code, ending up at some bit that is changing, but isn't written anywhere in your code, and you have no idea where it comes from.

Thank you, guys!
I'll give it a try and if I'm in trouble I'll let you know.

Look into "i device"
I think that is the easiest
No instructions needed. Just a check box
Are the 1200s in the same project?

Look into "i device"
I think that is the easiest
No instructions needed. Just a check box
Are the 1200s in the same project?
I will take a look at it.
No, the 1200 are in separate panels, each with its own project.