IDEC IZUMI FA-1 to Omron CPL conversion

Roze

Hi,
I'm fairly new to PLC's, I'm mostly used to regular programming languages, but recently, I've had to delve into PLC stuff at work. And now so happens that I have to convert the program of a old IDEC IZUMI FA-1 (1986) to a nearly as old, Omron CPM1 module. This is a temporary solution to get production up and running while waiting for a newer Omron PLC to arrive. (1 mo lead time).
Now to the issue at hand, the code I'm porting have a bunch of FN200-entries in the Ladder scheme, which apparently checks if the counter is more or equal to the specified value. Now I have not read how the counters in the FA-1 works, but presumably they count up.
The counters in the CPM1 counts down (not a problem) but I wonder:
What Instructions is there that performs similar tasks? That is, checks if a given counter is greater or equal (lesser or equal in this case) than the given value.

Side note, what addresses can I use in the CPM1 for intermediate variables? FA-1 reference (Page 70 for FUN200 references): http://us.idec.com/forum/getattachment.ashx?fileid=92 //Kind regards.

Welcome to the forum,
Not sure on the Idec.
Omron CPM1 intermediate values can be stored in DM.

The W353 manual will be very helpful on the Omron side.
This is the programming manual and will explain the instructions.
The instruction you describe would the the CMP (compare).

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your response. I have now read the manual, but I still cant really get that piece of code working. It is not regulating as it's supposed to, also, the lamps that tells that its regulating is not working as its supposed to either. I'll drop the original code here for anyone that is interested to try to assist.
The Synchronization code is at the last two code pages.

Also, The PLC also have 2x External Timers attached to it, which seems to be pulsing an input pin at regular intervals. Anyone know how these are decoded properly? (FA-1 Specific timers)
http://www.ridorana.se/temp/FA-1/

//Kind regards

Last edited: