Krohne Flowmeter Calibration.

samikhan70

Hi friends,
I have a krohne flow meter optiflex5300. During liquid flow when it shows the actual flow value 2000 ml, physically its 2200 ml. I have measured the flow with calibration jug. The difference been reduced as the actual flow reduces. Is there any calibration hint to reduce the diffrence? Thanks

is this a magnectic flowmeter. You can check the correction factor in the setting. I have not used Krone Flowmeters but it should be the same but please answer the below

How is the installation vertical or horizontal.If vertical installation it should be installed in the flow direction upwards
Did you maintain correct free run. Typically it should be 5D upstream and 3D downstream where D is the diameter of the pipe
Is grounding done properly
Is the flow laminar ?
Is the flow fluctuating or steady

Krohne has a good record with their mag meters. Before you play with re-calibration I suggest you get a representative on site.

I assume that you are using a built in display on the meter. If not make sure its scaling matches the meter's.

Is the fluid tap water? If not, special calibration may be required.

As bornwild mentions, a minimum of straight pipe is needed for accuracy. Failure to provide this is the most common cause of inaccurate flow measurement.