Designers & Customers

Aabeck

I have to rant about this one.

Called for a press not being able to unload - so it had to a PLC problem. Traced it to a bad cable going to a photoeye that terminates in a junction box on the side of the press.

Just look at the photo..............................

0817171743.jpg

And - there is a screw in the lower left corner of the box that has about 1/2" between it and the main cabinet

Needless to say the replacement cable does not run to that box with the main cabinet right there.

Last edited:
It's obviously a safety feature. There is some very dangerous 'lectricity in that there box! I mean, just look at the sticker! We have to protect people from all the volts!

Yes, there is.

480V going to a 15HP hydraulic pump, a 7.5HP vacuum pump and a 5HP door winch

And this system has 4 presses aligned in a row setup identically

Excellent! So they're all very safe then! Well, electrically, I mean. They could probably still take your arm off mechanically, but at least you won't be electrocuted while it's happening.