Zoom in

nicksmick

I am NOT asking this because my age might be affecting my vision or anything like that... but, is there a keyboard shortcut (hotkey, quick-key) for zoom in and zoom out in RSLOGIX?

Gets aggravating having to click view, click zoom in three times to see which bracket I mis-typed in a formula. Then click view, click zoom out three times to see my whole rung of logic.
Thanks

In studio5000, holding CTRL and using the mouse wheel will zoom in and out. Not sure if that is the same in Logix5000, and I would be surprised if it was the case in logix 500, but worth a shot.

Also, CTRL and the "+" and "-" key on the keyboard might work.

have you tried the little "Plus" and "Minus" magnifying glass icons at the top of the screen? ...

to see which bracket I mis-typed in a formula.

personally I do most of my "formula typing" in Notepad (etc.) and then Copy and Paste it into the editor ... that way I have more control over the font being used - which makes it easier to get things right ...

same thing for when the entry field is only wide enough to see a small part of a long tagname entry ... Copying and Pasting into and out-of Notepad helps eliminate the "peeping through a keyhole" effect while scrolling back and forth to read the entire tagname ...

click zoom out three times to see my whole rung of logic.

there's also a "Toggle the Controller Organizer" icon up near the top ... that one easily pops the window on the left in and out of view - which quickly frees up more space for your rungs ...

Last edited:
My problem is that I'm using a laptop. It has a touch pad for a mouse. So no scroll wheel. It has no + or - keys without using shift. I do toggle the "controller organizer" off. But to tell if I mis-typed a squiggly bracket when I was supposed to do a square bracket, or if that is a 1 or an I... I need some zoom!

The Logix 5000 keyboard actions for zooming are:

Alt+V (then) I (to zoom in)
Alt+V (then) O (to zoom out)

These are keyboard controls for conventional Windows application menu access. I have not found a method to define custom shortcuts within Logix 5000, though have not looked too hard.

Nick> My problem is that I'm using a laptop. It has a touch pad for a mouse. So no scroll wheel.

Nick,
You might try plugging a USB mouse with a scroll wheel into the USB port.
MadPoet.

For logix i just go into Jedi mode, instead of straining my eyes finding the error on screen or battling with keyboard layout/language. Should I need a magnifier I would look into third party or windows.