Rslogix Emulator issue

Bunnon

Good afternoon!

I am having an issue with creating a controller in the emulator. I have set up RSLinx and can see the server, the Linx "ethernet" connection and any of the I/O modules I create but when I go to create the controller it appears on the emulator graphic but has a big red X over it and says controller not responding. It also does not appear in the drop down menu under the virtual back plane in RSlinx.

Things I have done:

1. Reassign RSlinx server from slot 0 to slot 6 so I could put the controller in zero. No change other than the position of the server in RSLinx and on the emulator graphic

2. I have created I/O modules in every slot to make sure they would work and appear in both the emulator and RSlinx. I/O and server will appear and work in any slot that I can put them in. Controller fails in the same manner regardless of slot or configuration.

I am at a loss as to why I can't get the controller in an emulator to work. I have done this a dozen times before and this has me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Chad