RSLinx Classic generates windows installer error 1722

JToman

Gents,
I have a RSLinx Classic V2.52 running on Windows XP. It worked great for several years, all of a sudden I started developing a problem, where if I try to launch an app. that uses RSLinx to go online or if I would click on the tree trying to view the network, I would start launching Windows Installer.
I thought that by removing the RSLinx and re-installing it again I would get rid of this fault, however the removel process failed half way through and I was getting Windows Installer error 1722. I have tried all I could to fix it but to no avail.
At this point RSLinx can't work because some of the files have been removed during the removal process and I cannot complete the removal process because Windows Installer errors out.
Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help.

Thanks for the link Ken. I did follow the instructions in the app. note and it did not help. Eventually used registry clean-up app. that fixed the issue.