Ft View SE Studio and KepServerEx V5 -Tags not showing in Browser

b.IT

Hello fellow automation developers,

I got a problem between Ft View Studio SE and Kepserverex V5: The tags are not showing in the tag browser. I can connect with any OPC client and will see the structure in Kepware but not with Studio. There seems to be an entry in the knowledgebase [48709 - Studio Tag Browser does not show tags for 3rd party OPC server], but I can't access it (subscription ended - duh) .

Does anyone know the solution to this problem or could some kind soul send me the knowlegebase-article as PM? I'm onsite in china and need a solution asap 'cause this problem is stalling some tests.

many thanks in advance, regards
Johannes

I can't help much there, but that is (just one) reason that I don't use direct tag access, but rather create all of my tags in the tag database (well, Excel) and import them.

Direct reference - cool idea, handy at some times, but easily abused and extremely annoying.

Try going to the Adminstation console for the Kepserver runtime, select Settings...

Next go to the Runtime Options tab and uncheck the Use DCOM configuration utility settings check box. This reduces the DCOM Security requirements for the server so that if you have not set explicit DCOM security for the PC you should be able to connect.

The KB not you are refering to was for KepserverEnterprise V4. Rockweill required that it only accept connections from specific view products. That limitation was removed from the V5 Enterprise version. To the best of my knowledge there are not nor have there ever been any restriction in an RS or FT View version that restict it from connecting to 3rd pary OPC servers.

Thanks for the replies,

after persiting for 2 days the problem was suddenly automagically gone after I did another restart of FTView Studio (for some other reason).

@rdrast: love your sig, oh so true...

regards
Johannes