You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old December 16th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #1
wdd0422
United States

Crimson 3 Popups

I'm doing my first project with Crimson 3. Can someone tell me how to do Popup windows for alarms so that it doesn't my current page.

Thanks
Bill
Old December 17th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Bullzi
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I have never used pop ups in my programs. I just put an Alarm Ticker at the top of my Master Slide. I set it up so that when you touch the top of the screen, you go to the Alarm Log page.

Here is an example I got from OkiPC. He has a lot of things in this DB that might help you out. It helped me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sample code from PLC talk.zip (96.4 KB, 67 views)
Old December 17th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #3
OkiePC
United States

If you tell what devices you'll be using and a rough outline of the application, there are quite a few examples out there you can build from.

Paul
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #4
wdd0422
United States

Yes, that would work as well and would be an option. I like to use popups though if possible. I have a Fanuc robot, molding machine, vision system to check parts, also do a vacuum test a feeder bowl with a pick and place to position the parts for the EOAT pick up. I want to alarm if certain sensors don't make. I'd also like to use a username or password to clear some of the alarms so that I know it has been brought to the attention of the right people and be able to log it, for instance with quality issues.
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #5
wdd0422
United States

Forgot,Thanks
Old December 17th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #6
wdd0422
United States

Actually I have to admit the example is much better then what I had in mind, may be beyond my ability at this point though
Old December 17th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Bullzi
United States

It isn't that hard at all. OkiePC is the MAN when it comes to these things. He has helped me out a bunch over the last couple projects. Here is the link to the post where he helped me out with this exact thing. http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthr...ht=Crimson+3.0
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum