Creating an onscreen editable Text Box in Crimson 3.0 G310

cockrell960

Hello,

I am having an issue and don't even know if its possible to create a selectable box that a user can click on and change what the text reads. We have a emergency response trailer that has a plc talking to a g310s210 redlion and need to be able to change the text of the h2s monitor locations in the redlion based on location of the emergency. These h2s monitors are not stationary and talk to the plc through a wireless radios and will change position based on emergency location. It is fairly important that during an emergency personnel know where the h2s monitors are in case one goes off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank You

Hello,

I am having an issue and don't even know if its possible to create a selectable box that a user can click on and change what the text reads. We have a emergency response trailer that has a plc talking to a g310s210 redlion and need to be able to change the text of the h2s monitor locations in the redlion based on location of the emergency. These h2s monitors are not stationary and talk to the plc through a wireless radios and will change position based on emergency location. It is fairly important that during an emergency personnel know where the h2s monitors are in case one goes off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank You

You can certainly create a box that the user can type text into, it would be an Internal Tag formatted as a String. However, where will this be stored? In the G310 only, or are you trying to get it into the PLC?

If into the PLC, then you will need to specify what type of PLC it is.

Use a data box. for Value selectt a string tag.
On operation select from drop down "Data Entry".

If your string tag is tied to a PLC address you should be able to go under the tags menu and setup the format of your string tag - like max Length

Thank You. After i posted this i did find out how to create a string tag. The address will not be reference in the PLC so i am just using an internal single array string tag. Thank you for your help.