Wonderware 7.11 with Siemens S7 400 and Allan Bradley plc

shandra_ck

Hi,

I am having communication problem between a pc that installed with wonderware 7.11 to Allan bradley plc.

This pc originally was conected to S7 400 and allan bradley plc. The hard disk crach and I am not able to retrieve anything from there.

After reinstallation in a new hard disk, I am able to communicate with S7400 plc but the communication with Allan bradley could not be established. The communication is via ethernet.I already installed I/O server for Allan bradley (direct) and for S7.
I manage to find the existing configuration file for I/0 AB and load them. I still unable to get the signal from AB plc.

I do have the lic for I/o server.

I have tried the same setting with another pc, and with RS linx v2.2. From RS Linx I am able to go online to AB plc.

Can anyone advise me what setting was wrong?

Do I need additional license for RS Linx to communicate with Wonderware?

Thank you

Regards

Shandra

Wonderware 7.11

Hi,

Let me simplified the problem that I face. I am having trouble to communicate between Alan Bradley plc 5 and Wonderware V7.11.

There is no signal from AB plc?

What are the steps should I take to troubleshoot the communication?
I did when through the manual and already setup the i/o server (direct) in wonderware, installed RsLnx 2.4.
The pc is running on Win98 se.

Please guide.

Thank you.

Regards,

Shandra

Hi Shandra,

Can you ping the AB plc from the wonderware PC?

In the I/O server configuration give the PLC a name rather than an IP address and add an entry in the hosts file to map the name to the ip address.

HTH
Mark

Yes, I am able to ping the AB plc. Yes, in the I/O server configuration I gave a name and map it in the host file. Wonderware is connected to 2 AB plc and 2 Siemens S7 400 plc. I didn't add the S7 plc in the host file. Is there any problem if I don't add? At the moment the communication to the S7 plc is working fine.
Thank you.

Regards,

Shandra