RSView SE to SQL DB

Hardwerk

I'm currently trying to Implement a RSView SE app to write to a SQL DB. (MySQL)

I have completed setting up the datalog models based on time,trigger,on change and writing to the database.

The problem comes in, when I write to the database when it is empty everything works great. The second time RSView SE app is restarted is where my problems come in. It cannot create tags for one of my processors. (I am monitoring 7 processors with about 20,000 tags) The tags for this ONE processor fails to write to the SQL database. All my other processors/data log models work fine though.

All of my tag tables in the SQL database are configured the same. There is not a difference in the tags compared to another processor. (tag type, path, etc)

Does anybody have any ideas as to what the problem is? I have read the MySQL manual and RSView SE manuals and there is no indication in there why this would be happening.

I'm wondering if this particular processor is configured differently as the data log models and tables in the SQL database are identical to the working processors. But, as I and another guy did the programming on all the processors (he did this one) we don't know of any special configuration. And if there was a special configuration for the processor, why would it work the first time?

Is it trying to write to the same tag index twice? If so, why? How can I make RSView write to a seperate tag index everytime? This works on the other 6 processors! (sorry, frustration coming out)

Again, the second time trying to write to the tag table for 1 of 7 processors, the tags come back 'Failed to add item' in the diagnostic viewer for the RSView SE.

I have even recreated the datalog model to make sure RSView SE didn't lose it's configuration internally for the model. (I am not a supporter of RSView's efficiency or stability)

I beg for advice and assistance as I've been trying to find a work around for this for about a month now.

In my original post:

Again, the second time trying to write to the tag table for 1 of 7 processors, the tags come back 'Failed to add item' in the diagnostic viewer for the RSView SE.

What about any errors reported by SQL?

If the errors are from tags in just 1 processor can you view these tags from an SE graphic?

Get someone else to check that all the setups that you say are the same really are the same (don't look over their shoulder when they do it).

You may have hit a limit with your current hardware/network (you've neglected to mention if the database is local to the SE server); try reducing the number of tags logged by the "good" models to, say, 10000 and then start the "bad" one.

If someone offers you a suggestion don't just copy and paste part of your original message back to them; if you can't be arsed to type anything to them why should they bother to offer any further suggestion?

SQL is not reporting any errors.

Yes the graphics in the SE environment work great. I copied the graphics from the PVP screens (ME) and implemented them for SE.

I did have someone else look over this. He has had no interaction with this side of the system before hand. I did look over his shoulder but was careful not to say anything. (that was so frustrating :) )

I'm not sure what you mean by:

You may have hit a limit with your current hardware/network (you've neglected to mention if the database is local to the SE server); try reducing the number of tags logged by the "good" models to, say, 10000 and then start the "bad" one.

But, I disabled all the other data log models and tried this 'bad' one by itself. It didn't work. I haven't hit my limit for hardware/network. I have monitored the bandwidth/processor/sql connections/processor connections and everything looks fine. I'm running fiber everywhere and have Smart switches for the traffic.

I have approx. 100 data log models. So the fact that there is 20k tags, I have them seperated out into small models. I am still within the requirements of RSViews recommendation of 20 datalog models running at the same time though. They don't all run at the same time.

And as far as my copy/paste, Why would I type it again if all I have to do is copy/paste? I didn't mean anything by it, it's just more convenient to copy/paste.

Wow, you have spent so much time and effort on reasons not to help. You could've probably helped with all that effort. Why bother?

What good is it to you to know "Failed To Add Item: WatchDogFailTimerPRE"

How is that any different than "Failed to Add Item: VariableTagName"

I have gone through and looked at other posts from you, and you constantly do this. Why do you go around and just complain about how people post and then offer no help? You have done this time and time again. Just ignore any posts I make please.

Another setting is that my SQL tables are setup to index based on tagname. Should it be tagindex instead? I'm not clear on what indexing does on sql.