I have six single memory locations receiving the number of hours that six

piscis

I have six single memory locations receiving the number of hours that six pumps have been ran for. I need to know which of these pumps hast the highest amount of hours, which is second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth.

The reason I need this data is so the next day I will be able to put to work the pump with the least amount of usage hours.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

PLC IS AD 260 CPU

Try writing it out in pseudo code:

Code:
Reg1 := pump1_hours
Primary_pump := pump1
If pump2_hours < reg1 then
    Reg1:= pump2_hours
    Primary_pump := pump2
end_if
If pump3_hours < reg1 then
    Reg3:= pump3_hours
    Primary_pump := pump3
end_if
If pump4_hours < reg1 then
    Reg1:= pump4_hours
    Primary_pump := pump4
end_if
If pump5_hours < reg1 then
    Reg1:= pump5_hours
    Primary_pump := pump5
end_if
If pump6_hours < reg1 then
    Primary_pump := pump6
end_if

Then you can expand the same concept to get secondary pump, tertiary pump, etc.

Last edited: