Guardmaster Troubleshooting Tips?

SLaubach

Good Morning All

I am trying to compile a troubleshooting guide for an AB 440R-23143 Guardmaster relay. The relay is 2 channel which includes a safeoff circuit (10 servos) and seperate channel for guard doors (6 total). I have searched the web looking for any type of guide to help the technicians when the get stuck to no success.

Does anyone know of a document already produced that i can use or i may have to generate my own.

thanks in advance.

Your Safety Relay's Cat. No. probably is MSR138DP...It is a lot easier to search for related publications...
http://search.rockwellautomation.co...&entqrm=2&ud=1&exclude_apps=1&site=literature

There isn't any published "Troubleshooting Guide" out there, at least to my knowledge...but you might want to suggest your trades guys to VERIFY THE CIRCUITRY CONTINUITY WHILE IN OFF-STATE AND DE-ENERGIZED...

Depending of the chosen configuration and circuitry, your particular relay will monitor all safety inputs (guard doors) for NC states and, upon a RESET command (Manual or Auto), will close the Auxiliary Relay Contacts ("feeding" your system's Outputs plus the drives' control circuitry) and also the Safety Output Relay Contacts; the Safety Output Relay Contacts Y1-Y2 (with an S32-S33 Series)will "close" the drives' Safe-Off modules' series which will enable the VFDs(Servo Drives)"Hardware Enable" circuitry.
When any of the inputs "loses" the NC state, all Auxiliary Relays and the Safety Output will "open" thus removing the control voltage off the drives' "Enable" Logic conditions and also off the drives' hardware functionality.
I have attached a file containing several examples of various SIL Safety Relays with Safe-Off drives applications implementations, including your particular type of Safety Relay.