Structured Text & RSLogix - good reference books & docs?

What is a good starting library about Structured Text programming in RSLogix 5000? Here are the things I already found:
2 books:
Programming Industrial Control Systems Using IEC 1131-3 by R. W. Lewis
Automating Manufacturing Systems with PLCs by Hugh Jack
Also, the following manuals from the Rockwell web site:
Allen Bradley's PLC Programming Handbook
Logix5000 Controllers Ascii Strings
Logix5000 Controllers Common Procedures
Logix5000 Controllers Design Considerations
Logix5000 Controllers General Instructions Reference Manual
Logix5000 Controllers Quick Start
Logix5000 Controllers Structured Text
Logix5000 Controllers System Reference
Logix5000 Controllers User Manual
ControlLogix1756 Controllers Specifications
ControlLogix1756 IO Modules
Also, a few odds and ends:
Powersoft Introduction To IEC61131
Mitsubishi Q Series Structured Text Programming Guide Book
Wikipedia articles on PLCs and Structured Text
Also, since I heard Structured Text was closer to Modula-2 than anything else, I found two books on that:
"Modula - 2 Programming" by B.J. Holmes
"Modula-2: A Complete Guide" by K.N. King
By the way, does anybody know where the chapters after Chapter 1 are in Logix5000 Controllers Structured Text? It stops after Chapter 1.
Thanks! Chris

AB's logix5000 manual on structured text is probably your best reference. There is additional info in the common procedures manual. Get to know the instruction set reference manual, it explains what instructions are available and how they are used in each language. All those manual should be available online in RSLogix 5000 under help. You can also find all the manuals in the literature library on AB's website at www.ab.com

I saw your previous post as well and I'm going to suggest that you broaden your focus and learn to use the ladder and function block languages as well. Each language has its strengths and weaknesses. I think you'll find using the CLX to be a more satisfying experience if you use all the tools that it provides instead of sticking with what seems familiar.

Last edited: