25 Comm E2P Powerflex Config

741C

Does anyone know why studio 5000 won't let me change the subnet mask or gateway for any of these drive in the "port configuration" tab for the module configuration in to IO tree for these powerflex 525 drives? It will allow me to change between DHCP/boot/static, but then it won't let me change the static IP (even though it looks like you can enter in numbers there, they won't)

https://imgur.com/nPSeezP

I can't find any information on the "port configuration" tab either. The power flex 25 Comm E2P manual skips over this screen.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/520com-um003_-en-e.pdf

Previously I've found that you can't set a gateway address in RSLinx if the drive is already communicating with the PLC. I had to inhibit the drive in the ethernet tree before it would accept the change. I've not tried it in Logix, but I would imagine the same to hold true.

Edit: as far as I know you can still access the drive properties dialog box and change settings if the connection is inhibited - it doesn't actually inhibit any communication with the drive per se, it just stops the PLC from establishing an I/O connection to it. The I/O connection is what prevents you from changing communication settings. If I'm wrong about that, inhibit the connection in logix, and change the parameters in RSLinx.

Last edited:
Locally on the drives we have parameter 04 set to a static IP address, and the proper subnet and gateway. But, the situaiton is the same, the studio5000 still says DHCP?

Be sure to keep in mind that with the additional Ethernet adapter that means you now have 3 Ethernet ports. The dual adapter is configured separately from the drives built in port.

JaxGTO is correct - the parameters from C120-C140 (or thereabouts) are for the embedded ethernet module. The parameters for the 25-COMM-E2P are N1004 through N1017.

But I believe the same restrictions will occur with regard to not being able to change the parameters while the drive has an I/O connection to a PLC established.

Last edited: