Unable to access runtime in GE Funac system

Hi,

I am using a Versamax PLC with Proficy Machine Edition 5.90. I have successfully downloaded a logic in the controller without any errors and warnings but I am unable to view my target project in runtime.
When I right click on my target node, the "show runtime" is grayed out.
When I open View Runtime from the Start menu, error message stating "No valid project found. Please download a project from Machine edition" pops up.
View Network also doesn't show any connections or project.
Can anyone help me on this please.

Thanks in advance.

Are you confusing your targets? A single Proficy Machine Edition project can have multiple targets. The PLC is one target.
A View runtime target is an HMI that runs on a PC. It can be the same PC that runs Proficy Machine Edition. That is not the same thing as monitoring the PLC program.
If what you are trying to do is monitor your PLC program you need to select the PLC as the current target and go online with it. I'm not sure of the exact sequence of keystrokes or menu selections for that old version of Proficy Machine Edition to go online with the PLC.

Anyone got an Idea?

Hi,

I am using a Versamax PLC with Proficy Machine Edition 5.90. I have successfully downloaded a logic in the controller without any errors and warnings but I am unable to view my target project in runtime.
When I right click on my target node, the "show runtime" is grayed out.
When I open View Runtime from the Start menu, error message stating "No valid project found. Please download a project from Machine edition" pops up.
View Network also doesn't show any connections or project.
Can anyone help me on this please.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue. I'm not familiar with this HMI. How do we download a Valid Screen into the Panel Viewer.

How do we download a Valid Screen into the Panel Viewer.

Assuming that by "Panel Viewer" you mean a Quick Panel HMI (Panel View is a Rockwell product line):
Open the project that includes the HMI target with Proficy.
Select the HMI target.
Download to the HMI.

If "Panel Viewer" means the screen editor:
Open the project that includes the HMI target with Proficy.
Expand the HMI target in the project navigator.
Expand the "Graphical Panels" item in the project menu.
Double click on the screen you want to modify.

So, Lets take this step by step for the ones in the back. I will do my best to form my question another way directly responding to your last post.

1) Assuming that by "Panel Viewer" you mean a Quick Panel HMI (Panel View is a Rockwell product line):
A) No I mean the APP that is Runtime Viewer. It is an open source runtime app used by GE and several other HTML viewers..
I'm using a QuickPanel+ with PAC v9.8 pro software.
PanelView Plus is the AB Display and Factory Talk View or Studio displays the .mer files as an Active remote HMI, with the proper Network access to the machine/s. You can treat this remote PC Based HMI as if you were at the operators control center.

2) Open the project that includes the HMI target with Proficy.
Select the HMI target.
Download to the HMI.
A) I am not wanting to download to a Physical HMI, I am wanting to load the HMI on my laptop and monitor or Operate as a Physical display at the operator station. This can be done on the Siemens Comfort Panels and the Factory Talk (Panelview, Standard and Plus).

3) If "Panel Viewer" means the screen editor:
A) No I mean the APP that is similar to the Runtime Viewer that you can simulate by the system toggle bit in property of the Project tree.
And, to follow up on how to Download to the app (panel / runtime viewer).
1- open the properties of that HMI Target
2- go to the row that states simulation
3- Use the dropdown menu that is default in "false"
4- Change this to True
5- Close properties and select download and Start....
This will build your project Targeted HMI into the Viewer APP.
BUT, this is simulated I/O meaning it is for HMI function only and has no Live Values displayed.... That's not what I'm asking.

The rest of your post is informative but irrelevant to the question I'm asking......

Can you advise on that procedure?.
I do thank you for your help in advance, I'm just not writing it in a form of understanding. I hope I've corrected that and made it a bit more clear to those that know.
I just want to know if I can View a LIVE ONLINE HMI on my PC?

I just want to know if I can View a LIVE ONLINE HMI on my PC?
Yes. Select the HMI target in your project navigator window. In the Properties window, there is an item labeled "Use Simulation". Set it to True. Also set the "Enable I/O" item to true. Then when you download the target it will go to your PC where it will run for two hours. Be aware that your text may not show exactly as it will on an actual Quick Panel because the QP runs under Windows CE and it may not have the same fonts as the PC that developed the project.