SLC 5/05 to PV+ IP Address Change

kbradray

I have 2 identical machines each running a SLC 5/05 and a Panelview Plus (I think) 600. Both of these machines are using identical IP addresses (169.254.215.1) and Processor names (2772). The panelviews are communicating with the processors via Ethernet (no network). The IP address of the PV+ is 169.254.215.2. I want to separate the machines and give them different IP addresses in order to get them on our plant floor subnet of 192.168.1.???.

I think the PV+ is communicating with the SLC using its device shortcut of 2772, but I don’t know how this is mapped. I need guidance to change the IP addresses and processor names of each device.

Thanks in advance for any help.

In Rslinx Enterprise,(the comms setup for RsviewME) you need to browse for your newly named IP address of PLC, then drill to the processor, then clip apply.

You might want to read some of the communciation literature on the PV+/RSview ME software manuals.

There is actually are REALLY good AVI file that you can view that shows you how to do this on Rockwell's website, I can't post the AVI directly because it is too big.
Search the tech pages for Comms and PV+, or I may have supplied a link in other threads for this exact scenario....

Better Questions

I feel that I can change the map on the PV+ now for more direct questions.

1) For the SLC is it as simple as going into the channel configuration->Channel 1-system-> and changing the address here?

2) As I will now have 2 PV+ on the network with a device shortcut named 2772 will it be ok to map each to a different processor. (#1 PV shortcut 2772 mapped to IP 192.168.1.1 and #2 PV shortcut 2772 mapped to IP 192.168.1.2)

Thanks again

1) Yes.(then Apply)
2) You can use one as a template that works, and copy/paste/rename another. If the link is exactly the same other than the IP address.
Should be quite easy.