Kloeckner Moeller PS316, connect multiple RS485 devices

nickegeson

I am trying to troubleshoot our old Kloeckner Moeller PS316 PLC due to some strange false alarms. I had a hard time getting the connection to work but finnaly succeeded. There is some info about this in this thread: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=113254

However, the other annoying problem is that I only have one RS485 port on the PLC which during normal circumstances are connected to HMI panel. Problem is when I need to connect the computer I have to disconnect the panel which creating a bit of inconvenience as you want to see what happens on the HMI at the same time you troublehsoot the PLC software from the computer.

Is there any "quickfix" for this issue? Any adapters to use to connect more than one device to the network? Or can you build a cable that will make this work? And/or do you need to do setting in the PLC or the code to get this to work? As I understand the standrd RS485 should have the possibility to communicate with more than one device.