Failed to validate the digital signature of the DMK file

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
Studio 5000 Designer v32.02

I am trying to updated the firmware on a L306ER to 32.13 but I get this error. I got the dmk file from Rockell's site. How can it have a bad cert?

[FAILURE] Load Script: Publiser: 'rockwell automation inc', Issuer: 'digicert sha2 assured id code signing ca', Root: ''.
[FAILURE] Load Script: Failed to validate the digital signature of the DMK file: 'L:\Controls_Engineering_Local\Install Files\Rockwell\CompactLogix_5380_(5069-L3)_32.013.dmk'.
The issuer of the DMK file is invalid. Please download a new DMK file or contact the provider for help.
This is the Knowledge Base Article I think that will help but it is behind there pay wall it seems. $5000 a year is not enough for them.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp...TxnId/1433703339/txnId/1433703339#__highlight

That access level is everyone so all you need to do is sign up, you can access it for free.

In short, it says install ControlFlash 15.03 or ControlFlash Plus 3.01

🔨 I have been logged in I tried it several times and it kept telling me to request access.

Now it works :unsure:

Yep, that is the new site. I click your link, it shows the title of the article, I log on, it dumps me back to the main search and around this track we go.

I spoke with the Rockwell product manager that was tasked with bringing all of their various web services into one "system" and streamlining the site. The discussion was mainly around the madness of downloading things. They listened, here we are, a year and a half later. I can only think that the new site was a "this new site will make that a-hole appreciate the old one". Well played.

Yep, that is the new site. I click your link, it shows the title of the article, I log on, it dumps me back to the main search and around this track we go.

I spoke with the Rockwell product manager that was tasked with bringing all of their various web services into one "system" and streamlining the site. The discussion was mainly around the madness of downloading things. They listened, here we are, a year and a half later. I can only think that the new site was a "this new site will make that a-hole appreciate the old one". Well played.
:ROFLMAO:

Their Search is garbage but on top of that the way they name things is so counter intuitive. Why is firmware an Add-On Profile, and why is grouped randomly in to different packages. Also they change there firmware naming convention every 5 minutes it seems.

I swear I am not a Luddite, but Rockwell is why most controls engineers are.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:

Their Search is garbage but on top of that the way they name things is so counter intuitive. Why is firmware an Add-On Profile, and why is grouped randomly in to different packages. Also they change there firmware naming convention every 5 minutes it seems.

I swear I am not a Luddite, but Rockwell is why most controls engineers are.

Firmware is not an add-on-profile. The AOP is essentially device definition which allows you to add a device to the I/O tree. For example, if you want to add a PowerFlex 525 to the I/O tree, you need an AOP installed for that device. Usually they are major firmware specific, there are some that are minor firmware specific.

And I feel your pain on the naming. Don't worry, I understand that people asking these questions most likely are not luddites. They went from KISS to the 3-C's, Convoluted, Confusing and Counter-intuitive.

I will stop my RA bashing now, I actually do like their stuff, they just pull some real head scratchers sometimes.

Firmware is not an add-on-profile. The AOP is essentially device definition which allows you to add a device to the I/O tree. For example, if you want to add a PowerFlex 525 to the I/O tree, you need an AOP installed for that device. Usually they are major firmware specific, there are some that are minor firmware specific.

And I feel your pain on the naming. Don't worry, I understand that people asking these questions most likely are not luddites. They went from KISS to the 3-C's, Convoluted, Confusing and Counter-intuitive.

I will stop my RA bashing now, I actually do like their stuff, they just pull some real head scratchers sometimes.
Yeah your right it was probably called something else. :oops:

I actually hate AB with a passion. Would rather use Wago with 61131-3 (Codesys) any day of the week. So much so that I have started rewriting some of our programs in Codesys in my own time. So I can be rid of AB.

The truly do have a dominance in the American market that is not earned by superior product. It happens. Just ask Betamax. And whatever OS software you've never even heard of that should have beat out MS windows (and no, do not say *nix, ya nerd).