OT - Wire Idents

In our cabinets we desire to pressurize the cabinet to prevent dust coning around any "stray" inlets. We blow in the bottom and vent the top also.

Rupej, I find that shrinking after can be damaging if you aren't super careful, e.g. the slotted trunking can warp real quick...

Agree with Nathan, plus, the thing the fan is aimed at (the big white box at the bottom) is a robot controller... so in this case it was also a matter of keeping the most expensive component within the enclosure cool...

Mark, are you comparing the two different panels?

They are separate projects for separate end clients.

In the first, there was a Mitsi Q02 in a separate panel (original machine). The AB was added for E/IP to the Robot cell that was added to a 10-year-old machine.

It really comes down to budget. My zoom in comment for the first post was more so that there are some things not labelled etc. However, the mish mash of brands of MCBs... came down to budget ;)

Yep, I saw the older one was a Mits and thought maybe you changed over the years to AB

Just went to your facebook... you do some very nice work, are you still racing?

Thanks Mark, still have the car but currently in storage. It' fully working just due to corona and a few other things it's not a priority.

I'd buy parts off you but I just paid import tax on a unit from the USA. The duty was more than 25% of the cost of the unit... it's for R&D only so probably have to pay export duty when it goes back!

I understand... my car is about 4 hours away for the past 3 months but normally I dont drive it much in the winter anyway, I hope once this passes I will be able to go get it and take it for a couple rides

For the duties, thats one of the reasons I lower the value but even the broker charges are a lot, most of my customers are in the USA, Canada and AU and some to the middle east, I do have a lot of customers from the UK and South America that I ship to freight forwarders that are here in the US... I have no idea how they work but they must be saving money somehow.

Just wish I knew what the governments did with all the money they get from us. :eek:

I derailed it a long time ago...

I like road courses but I want to run mine on a drag someday, the bad part is I was at less than 500 feet elevation and now im around 4000 so it will be interesting to see what times I get in the 1/4 mile and other race that I want to run is the Texas or Colorado mile, they have a 1/2 mile thats not that far from me, not sure if it will run this year or not

This is one from 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ZhiTXHrJE

The true sign of genius in building a panel is take that photo after 10 years of Bubba and see how neat and orderly it is.

Unfortunately not one panel builder has acquired this level yet. Either that or there are a lot of determined Bubba's out there.

A job I had in Florida. Machine was down. This is after a few months of Bubba before I arrived. I had the power off, my lineman's and cutters out but the maintenance supervisor tackled me and said It HAD to run Monday at 5 a.m. This was Saturday afternoon at 4 p.m. So of course I had to work with what was there and get it going. Not enough time to do it right if it's working. I know this was a little O.T. sorry.

IMG_0054.jpg

We use Brady Laser Printable Labels
Two types depending on the job / location.

LaserTab Series Polyamide Coated Nylon Cloth Labels
https://www.bradyid.com/en-us/product/lat-40-799-5
Part Number:

LAT-40-799-5 pack 5000
LAT-40-799-1 pack 1000
With the laser printing the numbers hold up well

LaserTab Series Self-Laminating Polyester Labels
https://www.bradyid.com/en-us/product/lat-51-361-1
Part Number:

LAT-51-361-1 Pack of 1000

With the following Software on Win 10 machine
https://www.bradyid.com/family/cps-2176029

I had a Brady TLS 2200 with copious amounts of cartridges. I rarely used it, and it was virtually brand new.

About 11 years ago, I thought I wouldn't be doing this type of work again, so I sold it on ebay to someone in Australia.

Less than a month later... here I am.

I've been using Panduit since then. Have Laser Labels with software, and a Panther LS8EQ handheld. It works OK, but their software could use some improvements.

Last edited: