Wonderware/Web Information Server vs. Ignition Server

I've been diving into Ignition heavily lately, to the point of re-doing all of my line FTView SE HMI's over in Ignition. From everything I have done with it, it is as far superior to FTView as internet video conferencing is to the telegraph.

I can't help but wonder exactly WHY even Ignition's Logix driver is soooooooo much faster than Rockwells at browsing tags online in a PLC... You would think that Rockwell would at least get that right.

Do I have some issues with Ignition? Yes, but they are just minor "I wish" kinds of things, and I have work arounds for them.

And Not Once, in at least 100 hours, have I ever had a single part of Ignition crash on me. Not. Once.

Similar Topics

Hello I upgraded an Wonderware InTouch computer that’s has cameras that can be viewed by clicking a button to view them. After digging into the...
Replies
Views
I was just wondering if anybody had any experience setting comms between Wonderware Web Studio and an Lantronics XPORT-EIP comm card. I’ve...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who is running a Wonderware InTouch 9.0 program that they are looking to get access to through the internet preferably through a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have experience with PLC to Excel etc...just starting on using intouch scada screens. I have an Excel sheet that uses mainly...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Recently, my Archestra IDE shut down while I was editing. After restarting the IDE, I noticed warning symbols under my opened...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom