Wireless Temperature Sensors with PLC

How tight is your temperature reporting need? If you can accept polling the temp signals about every 30 seconds check out Motorola (or one of their derivatives) single point telemetry systems. Inexpensive and simple to use with any plc. We use them often in WWTP.

We installed an Emerson wireless system for a customer and they are very happy with it. It was expensive, about $6000 for the gateway, and probably overkill for just 3 transmitters, but it would do what you are asking. We hooked it to a ControlLogix PLC, but it should work with most any brand that can do Ethernet IP.

Thanks guys, I surely will use Ethernet. Any ways to simulate the program with ethernet, before actually loading it to PLC? Sorry, I am a just a fresher..

I am getting one Omron CP1L-L14-Dr-D, the CX software and CP1WTS001 for around AUD 500. Is that a good deal, and also, will this be enough for my cause?

Thanks heaps