RSL5 to Logix conversion PID question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. After performing an PLC5 to CLX conversion (second time), all went well. On the surface, it appears that my PID's converted kinda sorta except that all the tagnames are actual addresses, from the PLC5, meaning, all I need to do is change the PID names and addresses to Logix tags. Does this sound about right, to those that have performed this task before? Thank you in advance.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=108090

The above post mentions Min/Max scales. This may help you out.
Regards,

It does help, some. I noticed in the RSL5 project, it uses bit 13 (.DN) to trigger the PID function. Is this because of the BTW for the PLC5, and not required for the Studio5K? It appears to me that, outside of Min/Max scales you mentioned and some tags created to replace addressing from the RSL5, there really isn't much to making this functionable? I always fear I am over simplifying something. Lol