Install EDS file in RSLogix 5000 Ver 13

chavak

I'm working on a retrofit job, it is using a Control Logix L55, Ver 13, with Devicenet IO and Ultra 3K drives on Devicenet.

Now I need to add in a Zumbach measurement sensor on Ethernet IP, and received the EDS file from the vendor. Unfortunately I don't see an option under "Tools" menu to add an "EDS Hardware Installation Tool" option unlike the newer version. Although I installed the EDS file in Ver 27, it doesn't show up in Ver 13.

Is there any workaround for this situation.

Thank You
Best Regards

You will find the EDS Hardware Installation Tool under Start/All Programs/Rockwell Software/RSLinx/Tools.

You will find the EDS Hardware Installation Tool under Start/All Programs/Rockwell Software/RSLinx/Tools.

Tried that in RS Linx tools, but it doesn't bring the option to add in the added device in the Ethernet tree in Ver 13 to Ver 19, but appeared in Ver 20. :unsure:

ControlLogix isn't a "PLC family" in the old sense of the word. If it were, it would have long since been replaced with a newer platform. Every major Revision of ControlLogix is a new and different platform -- only the name remains the same.

You can't add EDS-AOP to V13
You need to ask vendor how to setup a generic Ethernet/IP module in V13.
These are device specific and only device vendor has this info if they are willing to disclose it.

You can't add EDS-AOP to V13
You need to ask vendor how to setup a generic Ethernet/IP module in V13.
These are device specific and only device vendor has this info if they are willing to disclose it.

Thanks for the info, I've already wrote to them. Awaiting the reply now.
I guess it is going to be more tough.

Thank You
Best Regards