FT View 8.2 ME - Controls Intern

ecko665

Hey Guys, i'm a student working as an intern and I have a task that I need a bit of support on.

I have been asked to configure the system to use Windows-Linked user accounts. I added a group to the active directory with members, and linked the FT group to the newly created windows group along with updating the Runtime Security letters for each member. I have 5 members in the group { Engineer, Operator, Supervisor, Maintenance, Admin }.

\\\

At the moment, the PLC controls the user login and stores the credentials. Once an operator / supervisor logs in, the appropriate access is given via the HMI, etc.

\\\

I have been asked to forget about the PLC, and see if I can manipulate the user login / log off via the Windows Group I have created.

I've attached a pic of the displays I have with this project. Each member will have some access to these displays, weather they are supervisors, engineers, etc. I am thinking of using the Goto Display function, but I am not sure if this is the right path.

The plan is to add logon button to the <Main Menu> Display, then I want to jump to <Encapsulation> for example if the <Operator> logs in.

Is the GoTo function the best approach?

Any help would be appreciated,

All the best.

Displays.PNG

Hi ecko665,
Yes. You have to add logon button to the <Main Menu> Display.
GoTO display is also the option. But you can also try Giving Security to Particular Display.
You can right click on any display then go to Display Setting Then Choose Security Code (A/B/C/D......) Which is related to user(Engineer/ Operator/ Supervisor....) whom you want to show that display.
Before that,
In Explorer window which is at left of the screen, Go to Runtime Security
Then, Add your user(Engineer/ Operator/ Supervisor....) & give them Security codes as per your requirement.
Thanks & Regards
Sagar K

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

Is there a way to add more than 1 security group to a page? I only see a drop down for a single letter from A-P. More than 1 user will have access to the same display, so not sure how to implement that.

Thx

What you can do is assign multiple letters to a user e.g.

Guest - A;

Operator - A, B;

Engineer - A, B, C;

And then if you want only operator and above to access the screen you set the screen access level to B

To elaborate on the above point from chopin:

1. You create a hierarchy of logins (as he described)
DEFAULT - A
Operator - A, B
Maintenance - A, B, C
Engineer - A, B, C, D

2. The buttons which navigate to certain displays (GoTo Display) should have a visibility property. Based on who you want to access said display, you'd set it to be visible only when the user has a certain letter like so:
CurrentUserHasCode( D )

In the case above, only an engineer would see that button.

3. You apply the same principle to all the visible/hidden items for each group. For example, in most of my applications, only Maintenance and above can adjust VFD speeds, so they are only visible to them.

Hope that helps,
Vlad

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the support and examples, I have the permissions working perfect thanks to your're guidelines. Reading the manual helped put this to rest, just explained it to a Senior Engineer who had no idea how I did it, in the end was super easy. Thanks again.

I noticed when I run the project on the PC, I can navigate to the correct pages, and the hidden buttons work as they are supposed to per the logged in user, yet I have a few missing icons....errors indicating " Factory Talk : The item is no longer available : __________

When navigating each display all icons are present, only when I run I get errors.

\\\

See photos

\\\

I originally renamed this .apa file so I can test it, and when I run the application manager and load the original .apa file for this project I get the same result with mission icons? I'm am not sure what the current uploaded version is in the HMI as I cannot access the machine today, but pretty sure it's fine as I used the HMI last week with this project and all looked okay.

Nobody in my department is in the office for the rest of the week....., so not sure how to proceed as my manager wants a report by the end of the week.

Any ideas?

Missing @ runtime.JPG Main Menu_Display.JPG

Last edited: