Panelview 900 to Panelview 1000

sgates

Can the panelview 900 full touch screen be converted to a panelview 1000 by changing the type of panelview using panelbuilder

Yes.
Just change the PV type in application manager, and let it go crazy attempting to re-validate.
Everything should be OK.
I have done several of these....Make sure that your communications are setup correctly.

Thanks

Thanks, I thought it would work, but I wanted to ask someone who has done it befor I ripe the old one out and replace it.

Always get the new PV, dump the program in and make sure that it completes the validation process before RIPPING out the old!

You can always power it up remotely and plug in your comms as required....before you rip out the old.

Just from experience....
But you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

The 900 was discontinued in 2001, and so is the 1000 now I believe.
The Rockwell group wants to migrate you to the new PV+ as soon as possible.

Don't do it unless you have to.