RS Logix 5000 - any benefits of loading off CD or Rockwell Website ?

I am new to this company. I am still trying to stabilize my laptop crash . I have 2 Windows XP coming Wednesday. I was digging in some drawers and found the original CD's for RS Logix 5000. I found a Window's XP machine in my basement and I loaded up RS Logix 5000 version 16 thru 20. I forgot how easy it was to load RS Logix 5000 off of the CD vs the Rockwell website. My question is , would I have a better chance loading version 16 thru 20 on a Windows 7 -64 bit off of the CD , instead of the RA website ?

Also , on my basement XP machine I am just running 5000 on the 7 day grace period till my ordered laptops come in. Is there a way I can easily extend this grace period , without uninstalling Logix 5000 , and installing again ?

Thanks so much.

The website will give you the option of loading the most current version. In the case of v20, you want v20.04. Skip v20.01 and v20.03.

The grace period can only be cancelled/restarted by having a license installed. When removed, the grace period restarts.

I took notice that on the RS Logix 5000 cd , that I have checkboxes to load v16 thru v17. I have numerous PLC's at v16 and 17. So I really like the easy options on the cd. The reason I am asking is I am really struggling to get v16 and 17 loaded from the Rockwell website to my Windows 7 laptop. I am wondering if by loading from the cd will override any issues related from the v16 from the Rockwell website. It seems like my issue is with Microsoft 1.1 NET Framwork not loading from the Rockwell website on my Windows 7 machine.

Thanks