FT View ME, Versus Red Lion Crimson

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ok, whoever it was who told me I'd find FT View limiting... you are SOOO right!

I put a Panelview in this project because I wanted the software on my PC, and this would be a good job for an Allen Bradley HMI. But some of the simplest design features in the Crimson are no where to be found in FT View. ....or at least I can't find them.

For instance: I told the customer I'd add an experimental feature on the HMI that would only be visible if a bit was high. That way, he could just push a button to remove it from the operator screen. Now... As far as I can see, that feature is not available in FT View. I can check a box to make something visible in the software, but I can't tie it to a bit.

Have I overlooked this feature in FT View?

Visibility in FTView is handled by animation. Right click on the object > animation > visibility. If there's an expression in the visibility animation, it supersedes the check box setting.

....or at least I can't find them.

You learned one of the most important parts of AB stuff - becoming a detective!

I've used both Crimson and FTV a lot over the years - they both have all of the features needed for "basic" hmi work, but the steps needed for each software package to achieve the same result are very different.