4-20 ma program

Pratik Patel

Hi,

I want to make program for 4-20 ma with AB-Micrologix1000.

I connect my sensor with one monitor, that monitor have output

4-20ma. I want to use this 4-20 ma output for my plc analog input.

so I read my sensor intensity.

I want to set 4ma is 0% intensity and 20 ma is 100% intensity.

I am doing first time plc program. so please bear me.

pratik

Your message doesn't make the objective of your program or the area of your problem clear. Do you want to know how to convert the 4-20 mA signal to engineering units? Look at the SCL function. Do you want to set an alarm? Look at teh GEQ and LEQ functions. Please provide a little more specific question, and you can get better answers.

Hi,

my monitor measure sensor intensity in %.

so I want my plc measure same reading in sensor monitor.

and I want to set two alarm one at 60% and onther one for 50%.

pratik

OK - first you use the SCL function to convert the 4-20 mA signal to 0 to 100% engineering units. Store the output of this function in an integer register, such as N10:0. Then you use the GEQ function to compare this register with your limit, and if it is true turn on a bit, such as B11:1/1, to indicate the alarm.

These functions are shown, with examples, in the programming manual. HAve you read them yet?