Red Lion PTV Program Transfer Problem

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Red Lion PTV that I've been playing with. I've built and updated programs for it for the last few days, but somehow managed to lock it up this afternoon.

I've tried Sending program to the PTV using TCP (which I've neen doing all along) and over USB. I always get an error message:

"ERROR - Stopping runtime software failed. Do not power off the target device during this process"

I've tried re-starting Crimson and, even though the message told me not to, power-cycled the PTV. Neither step made a difference.

Does anyone know if there's a manual reset button for the PTV?

Do you have a CF card and a CF read/writer? If so try saving your project (or a previous working project) as image.Ci3 Do a Save Image in Crimson. and put it on the CF card. Install card and powerup the PTV and see if that works