Upgrade RSLinx 2.43 to 2.54 Issue

Darcy R

Hey all, I am attempting to upgrade a RSLinx install and right at the beginning it comes up with a "INTERAL ERROR 2711.WFCU" message comes up and the install stops.

I looked for the wfcu service to stop it but it doesn't look like it's even there...is that the problem? Do I need to install that application to get the install to work?

Thanks in advance!

WFCU = Windows Firewall Configuration Utility

Because RSLinx originates TCP connections on ports that a garden-variety firewall won't usually leave open (2222 and 44818), RSI included a utility that configures the Windows Firewall to work with RSLinx.

I've always had this run perfectly in the background and have never needed to touch it.

The first two things I'd do is verify that you have honest-to-goodness Administrator priveleges on the PC, and check the state of your Windows firewall. Determine also precisely what variation of the operating system and service pack you are running.

Thanks for the reply, I definitely have full admin privileges on the computer and it's running XP Pro SP2. The RSLinx install was the last part of a Controllogix upgrade and it failed at that point and all subsequent installs have failed with the same message.

Currently Windows Firewall is turned off...should it be on? I am kind of reaching but I haven't seen this problem before.

Thanks.

I've had this fail when the ICS service is disabled, Make sure both the firewall and ICS services are active for the install.

I figured out how to uninstall the old version and it starts installing 2.54 but times out while decompressing everything....I am doing this all through a remote connection too so it's a royal pain having to get someone to restart the machine.

I have never had this many issues installing RSLinx before, I must be missing something?