Siemens S7 200 - Math question

Preeya

Hi everyone,

It looks like it is not possible in Siemens Step7/MicroWin32 to divide an INT with a DINT? I need to divide 60000 with an integer and it gives me an error if I use DIV instruction. So I converted the INT to DINT and used DIV_DI. It did not give me an error but I am not sure if there is any other way.

In RSlogix I just use the DIV and specified any data type.

Also how do I specify unsigned and signed integers? By default it takes it as signed integer.

Thanks

You have to use DIV_DW it assumes you are using Double Words on all "Handles". If you want to use an INT, it will have to be moved to a DINT to use it. There are times when someone may want to divide a negative value. The difference in pos or neg is the MSB (most significant Bit). It it is a 1 then the value will be negative.