Taylor / Prowin HMI Software

rstead

I have a program that was developed with an old product called Taylor Prowin which as I understand it later became a Total Control Products software, then later was bought out by GE and became Proficiy ME. I am upgrading the PLC programs and HMI programs for the client. PLC's are Schneider (old Compac 984 series to New Schneider M580). HMI's wil be workstations running from Citech Scada. I have the old Taylor Files. Is any old schoolers out there know if any of the Taylor stuff is recoverable into something useable in Citech Scada?

Yes sigmadelta....I had previously seen that post but it really was not much help as I was not able to obtain the software he discussed. But thanks just the same.

To add even more complexity, the GE PLC and HMI product lines have been sold to Emerson.

I doubt very much if you'll be able to import the old Taylor files into Citect or anything from any other vendor. To duplicate the functionality of the old HMIs in Citect you'll need to do the conversion manually.

The best you can hope for is that something newer from either Total Control Products, or GE, or now Emerson can import from a Taylor software project file and create a report that you can use to identify the PLC variables the HMI project reads from and writes to. I have the Total Control Products Quick Designer software as well as GE's Proficy. What is the file extension of the project file s you have? Quick Designer project files are "myfile.prj".