Why rockwell changed name from rslgoix to logix designer

Any 1756-L7X or Higher ControlLogix CPU Or any Compactlogix 5370 or 5380 Family CPU's will store Comments when using Studio 5000 version 21 or higher.

It's not a question of what firmware the PLC is running. It's a question of whether that PLC is one of the newer-style multi-core Logix processors, that include an additional on-board memory chip for the purposes of storing the comments. If the PLC doesn't have that chip, it can't store comments no matter what version of firmware it's running. As I mentioned in post #8, you can use the v21+ theory as a good rule of thumb, because most controllers which have that chip only support firmware from v21 upward, and most controllers that don't have that chip can't be updated past v20. However, I think there are one or two exceptions to that rule, possibly in the Control Logix family.
This is correct, the name change corresponded to the release of the multi-core processors so that you know that if you have Logix Designer, it will allow programming of them, RS Logix does not.

The two big boys, Rockwell (AB if you like) and Siemens are expensive and seem to try every trick in the book to charge you more.
A few years ago when Win 7 came out I found out that my version of S7 Ver. 5.3 would not run so decided to upgrade, contacted authorised supplier to upgrade and told me what version do you want. I plumped for TIA although there was a version S7 V5.5 that worked on Win 7 but did not support the later versions. It took an age to install even though at the time my laptop was high spec, went online and all seemed ok, but then found out that you cannot download as the S7 400 firmware version was not supported in TIA. What a disaster you would think that it would contain a backward compatible system. Oh and to twist the knife even further I could not sent it back as once the seal was broken they would not except it. So had to eat humble pie with my boss & order S7 V5.5 as well.
Oh and I upgraded a RSView32 system costing £27,000.00 and had a small query, "you don't have a tech connect contract it could take 4-5 days to answer your query". Well sorry RA, after that they lost out on a further £150k plus on upgrades and went to Mitsubishi & IFIX.