Kinetix 6000 - all 7 Servos Motor want to run hi speed.Cannot slow down.Virtual Axis?

Good Afternoon ,

I have a machine that has 7 - Kinetix 6000 servos on it . All the servos want to run high speed and cannot slow down. They are all being controlled by the virtual axis . That virtual Axis is in software , correct ? Do you think the virtual Axis could act up ?

Could you also explain the virtual Axis ?

Thanks so much

You will have to explain in more detail.

Is this a machine you are troubleshooting, or one you are starting up for the first time ?

In general, a Kinetix 6000 servo axis is not "controlled by" a ControlLogix virtual axis. It can interact with a virtual axis via Gearing or Cam instructions, but it has its own control loop and associated axis objects.

Because a virtual axis by definition has no mass and infinite power, it's easy to inadvertently program one that moves too fast for a physical axis to follow. If that's what's going on, you need to examine the commands and parameters you are using the control the virtual axis.