No HART Data from 1794-IF8IH module.

Wren

Good day gentlemen.

I've run into a problem with AB 1794-IF8IH Hart Analog input module.
The problem is that i'm able to see analog input channel data, but there is no assosiate HART Data on the same channel, so no PV, SV, etc.

In a rack there are 5 of these modules, and when i connect my HART capable instrument to another module in the rack, then i see HART Data. Seems that somehow HART communication is disrupted on the first module.

It applies to all 8 channels on the module.

I've already tried to swap module with another, but to no avail.

In studio 5000 module is configured for accepting PV and HART.

I'm guessing that i missed some relevant configuration of the module. This situation is difficult to resolve because this is a running plant with analogous automation and i can not download to the PLC without disrupting the process. Operations team will not perform planned shutdown for a while.

I tried searching forum for similar problems but there weren't any.

Any ideas?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:
Thank You for your reply.

I will take look at it right away.

"and when i connect my HART capable instrument to another module in the rack, then i see HART Data.

Here i mean that i have same IF8IH modules in the rack. And i don't see HART Data, like PV, SV only on the first module in rack. Others work just fine with same instrument connected.

And i'm sorry, English is not my first language:unsure:.

Anyways, thank You sir!

Well we were able to solve this issue.

Turns out all you gotta do is set (in Studio 5000) variable "HartDisable" to "0" on the module, and then power cycle the module by disconnecting it and connecting again, while power is on(1794-IF8IH supports that). This way you will not disrupt you process, provided that you have timely bypasses in place before you do that.