String Display in Wonderware Intouch

Vaitheeswaran

Hello,

I am using Scadapack 357 controller and Trimble Acutime 2000 GPS. I have to show the position of the GPS from the controller to the Wonderware Intouch via Archestra. We received the data in the Isagraf(Scadapack 357) in the tag named “MSG3” which displays as $10TGȆuC+tgHëÍ@$10$03$10TGÉ, we called the same tag in the Intouch but we received it as 0.00000000. Please suggest some ideas how to get the ascii MSG3 data from the controller in the HMI.

Thanks,
Vaitheeswaran Elango.

What IO driver are you using with Intouch? Modbus TCP?

If so, you need to allocate your MSG3 to a series of modbus holding registers. (4x register).

Then refer you the Io driver manual on how to reference them as a string. Its something like 40001-40025 M as the item name to take 25 words of data from modbus address 40001. I haven't used this in years so i can't remember, but it's all in the help file.

You can't just reference MSG3 in Intouch - modbus doesn't use symbolic names.