EDS files in TwinCAT 3

busarider29

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have an EDS file from another device vendor for communication via EthernetIP. Where in the TwinCAT 3 project tree do I drop in this EDS file?? Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have an EDS file from another device vendor for communication via EthernetIP. Where in the TwinCAT 3 project tree do I drop in this EDS file?? Thank you.

I do not have Twincat 3 but Twincat 2. Twincat2 uses:

C:\Twincat\IO\

There you'll find different folders according to your communicationsystem.

For TwinCAT 3 I believe the path is:
C:\TwinCAT\3.1\Config\Io\

...and you have to reboot TwinCAT to rescan the folders.

Similar Topics

Hello All, I am hoping for some help. I have a 1756-L84ES which must communicate with an ArmorStart 281-F12S-10B (Series A, Rev. 2.1). Typically I...
Replies
Views
Does any one have an EDS file for some old Devicenet ArmorBlocks lying around? I'm hoping to find eds files for both 1792D-8BVT0D and...
Replies
Views
Is anyone able to help me out with the EDS files for a Red Lion DSPLE000? There are very few EDS files findable on the Red Lion website, and...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can find the Allen Bradley EDS files for CKD devices? Or if they even exist? I uploaded a screenshot of the device in...
Replies
Views
I have a program that I pulled out of a Compact Logix processor. There is a handful of COGNEX cameras listed in the controller organizer and the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom