WAGO 750-881 and Wonderware

roxford

Doing a project that will have Wonderware for our HMI. Is it possible to use Wonderware's OPC to communicate with WAGO 750-881 plc? I would think we can with OPC UA and modbus TCP, but not very familiar with OPC.

The Wago 750-881 only does Ethernet/IP or Modbus according to the specification, so you won't be able to talk directly to it using OPC UA, you would need an OPC UA server to sit inbetween Wonderware and the Wago unit. Kepware seems to get recommended quite a bit here.

Why not just use Modbus TCP?

The Wago 750-881 only does Ethernet/IP or Modbus according to the specification, so you won't be able to talk directly to it using OPC UA, you would need an OPC UA server to sit inbetween Wonderware and the Wago unit. Kepware seems to get recommended quite a bit here.

Why not just use Modbus TCP?

because would also need this information to go to a Data Management Software uses an OPC interface

I guess then something like Kepware is going to be your best option. It can pull data from the PLC and serve it to Wonderware and your data management system.

Others may chime in and correct me, as I don't use Wonderware and haven't used Kepware, just read about it.

I guess then something like Kepware is going to be your best option. It can pull data from the PLC and serve it to Wonderware and your data management system.

Others may chime in and correct me, as I don't use Wonderware and haven't used Kepware, just read about it.

Thanks! no worries