Ultra3000 E09 Bus Undervoltage

derrickjp7

Anyone know what might cause this?

All my other drives are working fine except this one. Sometimes I can start the drive, it'll run fur 5 seconds then error out. Most the time I'll run a MSO in the Direct Commands and it errors out immediately. All the wiring is fine and I've held a volt meter to the AC and DC inputs to the drive while initiating MSO instructions and there's no drop or interruption to power. Is there some parameter I may have unintentionally changed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Of course this has to happen the day before my final capstone presentation. Murphy needs to leave, now. Haha

Last edited:
Do you have access to a spare drive? This could be due to a number of internal reasons, but the simplest way to rule out a bad drive would be to swap it out temporarily. If that's not the problem, I've seen intermittent issues due to an overloaded infeed; when other drives would pull an excessive amount of current, another would fault out. It wasn't obvious as this would be a very short "outage".