UDT Help

Tim Ganz

I have made a UDT for one of our pump systems with tags for everything needed to add a new pump.

The problem I have is when I go to use the UDT in my program I can’t figure out how to map the UDT tags to Local I/O tags that are wired to the field pump devices.

Looking at the UDT there is an alias column but it’s greyed out.

This is my first stab at UDT’s and they seem like they could be very useful once I can find the solution over this hurdle.

Hopefully it’s something simple I am missing.

I made the same question when I started using UDTs.
Unfortunately, you cannot map UDT tags to I/O tags directly. You need to connect them using a rung, if you are using ladder logic.

I made the same question when I started using UDTs.
Unfortunately, you cannot map UDT tags to I/O tags directly. You need to connect them using a rung, if you are using ladder logic.

I remember going to a training class for version 13.0. I asked when I would be able to alias an IO point to a UDT element and they of course said it was coming out in the next version.

Yea, what are we up to now 32? Glad I wasn't holding my breath.

For my motor starter type I just have a .AUX bool and have to make a rung for it. Whatever AB.