Help on a ACs550

Codeman59

Hi I need help!im working onA ACs550 An I have 3wires from a start an stop button s we’re do I hook up these wires? I know it’s on page 79 but I’m new at this so we’re do I hook up these wires too An also have 3wires too that go to a speed pot help we’re do I hook up these??

What are those wires exactly? Usually abb have start/stop funvtion on di1 most of the macros. What macro are you using?

And the pot goes AI1, AGND and +10v for example.

Last edited:
Hi I have a basics 24 volt start an stop button just has 3wires a red an white an black looks like white for start an red for stop an black looks like it’s hook up to both .so where would I connect it to on the Acs550 I know this has a start an stop but these buttons are away from the controller help also I have an Allen Bradley pot speed control 3wires. Red is on1white is on2blue is on 3on sspeed switch we’re do I hook up this on the or which wire would I hook up to on the Asc550

Your lack of knowledge could be dangerous to you and those around you, take great care with electricity and VSDs particularly. VSDs can store voltage and can bite you even after the power is removed.

Assuming that you have selected the '3 wire' macro on the VSD keypad, then:
black hooked up to both goes to 10.
white for start goes to 13.
red for stop goes to 14.
11 is linked to 12.

You will still need to enter all the motor specifications in to the drive. The Assistant control panel will take you through the data step by step. You will need to read the VSD manual with the Basic control panel.

The usual way when asking for help is to give as much information as possible,
Allen Bradley pot speed control 3wires. Red is on1white is on2blue is on 3on sspeed switch
doesn't give me enough to know which Allen Bradley potentiometer you have got. Get a drawing from AB and maybe we can help.

The wire that goes to both buttons (common) goes to Terminal 10 (24V)
Start goes to 13 Stop goes to 14 but you need to set drive as 3 wire macro in the setup