B&R CP476 upload

I suppose it is 4pp045.0571-k13 instead? If yes, this panel is using CF Card, so image backup and restore can easily be done using Runtime Utility Center. Here is the steps:
1. Load CF card to your laptop via CF card reader.
2. Run Runtime Utility Center, then press F9 to "Generate Compact Flash".
3. Click "Select disk", choose your CF card, then click Ok.
4. Then click "Create image file from CF".

Some suggestions,
1. If you're lost, your best bet is to contact Rieter
2. If you have new questions regarding different issue, different hardware, please create a new thread 👨🏻‍🏫

you help me.
when I upload panel p41, but me upload being errors.
i have a question for your help, I have found errors when I upload panel p41. those errors are shown that I send attach emage. could you help me how to fix those errors .

thank you so much for your consideration

I suppose it is 4pp045.0571-k13 instead? If yes, this panel is using CF Card, so image backup and restore can easily be done using Runtime Utility Center. Here is the steps:
1. Load CF card to your laptop via CF card reader.
2. Run Runtime Utility Center, then press F9 to "Generate Compact Flash".
3. Click "Select disk", choose your CF card, then click Ok.
4. Then click "Create image file from CF".

Some suggestions,
1. If you're lost, your best bet is to contact Rieter
2. If you have new questions regarding different issue, different hardware, please create a new thread 👨🏻‍🏫

you help me.
i have a question for your help, I have found errors when I upload panel p41. those errors are shown that I send attach emage. could you help me how to fix those errors .

that after, I open software PVI transfer

j911.png
[/URL]
thank you so much for your consideration

you help me.

Last edited:
Hello,
I was just checking my Help from AS (it is German, so I dont need to copy text in here I guess :).

Anyhow - they say that you can upload modules but not tasks, because tasks normally dont fit the project because of data-offset issues. They dont expect you to have an empty project.

I was just trying to upload myself a task from ARSim and it is not working either.

What for you want to have the task modules on the PC ?

I think you could use 'PLTrend', see signature to upload all modules from the PLC, (<PLC Functions><Module upload / delete>) you can select all modules you want to upload and than click upload.

Alternative you can write a script for pvi-monitor to upload any modules you want.

Error 4813 can arise if you are using PVI Version < 3.0. Do you ?

In General Error 4813 = Error identifying PV variables ... I dont think this is the case in your situation, so I guess the PVI Version

Hope this helps
BR
bb

thank you very much
from the previous up to now, i have never done any project about PLC and HMI of B&R automation studio.
so I don't know, what task modules on the Pc
I also not yes use "PL trend"
can you help me.
how use 'PL trend?
can you teach for me steps upload all data or programs inside panel 4p3040.01-k05 ?
how is upload hardware inside PLC ?
I have setting PVI 2.5.3 and PVI 3.0.2 and PVI 4.0
The dialog box under

hmm,
this is complicate, and maybe a total waste of time. What for you need all the tasks on the PC ?

Concerning PLTrend:
a) download and install
b) start pltrend, you can use it 60 days without limitations
c) move the mouse over the taskbar until you have a 'PLC functions' text coming up (the symbol has googles like the old PVI Software).
d) open menue and select "Modul upload/delete".
e) it appears a list with all moduls on the PLC.
f) you can sort the list by clicking on the column header
g) sort and select all data moduls
h) right-mouse button and upload
i) all selected Moduls are uploaded
j) select all TASK moduls
k) right-mouse button and upload

now you have basically all that the other programmer was programming himself for this application.

you will see that there are really many other moduls left, that you did not upload. this is runtime modules, library modules, visualisation moduls... and so on. To make a backup of the machine you need to donwload all modules.

But once you want to restore the backup, you cant download all modules, you have to take care of the operating system... and so on and so further.

So - I am asking myself: what do you want with all this moduls ? In my opinion you cant do a lot...

About PVI: ok, you have many versions, I am using mostly 3.0.2 without problems. When you have an error check PVI Version (PVI Monitor in Task bar of windows). If it is 2.5.3 try to avoid it. Do you still need it ? Deinstall it - in case you need it you can install again.

br
bb

Hi bits'bytes
the first, i working with PLC and software automation studio AS2.6
I don't know where is from started
I have a panel P41, 4p4030.01-k03 type. and it's has programs all to run a carding machine, the data all, on it was created for B & R PLC (programmable logical controller). I need to save the image and program all of the panel P41, 4p3040.01-k05 types, onto my PC and if the panel 4p4030.01-k05 gets damaged or something or broken, then I can download the image and program saved on the PC to a new panel 4p3040.01-k05 and use it.
now I don't have the backup program, so I want a have the backup programs from panel P41 onto my PC.
-- I haven't program of the original and I also haven't a AS project for cading machine, so I need backup programs from panel p41 onto my PC
how do you think?
thank you very much

Last edited:
Hi letranlong,

generally, this is very complicate as it is a funny mixture of all kind of data on the panel.

You have to decide how far you want to go in the first step

a) only save all data from the the panel and pray that you never need the backup

b) prepare a backup PP already now - so that in case you need it - you have it at your hand.

for a)

I would download with PLTrend all modules of the panel. you will have like 70 or 80 modules on the PC. And you leave them alone until you need them.

for b)

I would work with PVI as it is more convenient for Downloading and storing the hole procedure in a script file (*.pil).

Create a pil-file and load a modul list (text file with the name of all modules).

use this list to create a donwload procedure in the pil-file

of course you need a spare PP to test your operations. I assume it will take you maybe one week until you have a back up panel ready to use.

Of course, maybe you want to find somebody local from your place (B&R member) to do all this stuff. The major problem is - as you can imagine - that you dont have experiance....

BR
BB

Hello,

As BB has mentioned, it's definitely not an easy task, and in my opinion this operation is not meant for any end-user maintenance personnel to do. It takes fundamental understanding of B&R software structure and components, etc. which I don't think one would purposely take the effort to learn just to perform this task.

Another thing that I'd like to highlight is, if you see the part number, it ends with -K03 which refers to Custom, which means you can only get that hardware (in this case the replacement PP41) from the machine maker. You can't get it from B&R directly due to some protection agreement. If you get the new panel from the machine maker (Rieter), they will definitely include the program inside the panel.

So, why would you still want to backup this panel? I think it is a futile attempt and a waste of time. The right thing to do is to get a backup panel from Rieter so that in any case of failure, you can just replace the panel one-to-one, thus keep the downtime minimum.

Last edited:
Hello,

As BB has mentioned, it's definitely not an easy task, and in my opinion this operation is not meant for any end-user maintenance personnel to do. It takes fundamental understanding of B&R software structure and components, etc. which I don't think one would purposely take the effort to learn just to perform this task.

Another thing that I'd like to highlight is, if you see the part number, it ends with -K03 which refers to Custom, which means you can only get that hardware (in this case the replacement PP41) from the machine maker. You can't get it from B&R directly due to some protection agreement. If you get the new panel from the machine maker (Rieter), they will definitely include the program inside the panel.

So, why would you still want to backup this panel? I think it is a futile attempt and a waste of time. The right thing to do is to get a backup panel from Rieter so that in any case of failure, you can just replace the panel one-to-one, thus keep the downtime minimum.
hi kopitalk
the first i want study plc of B&R.
so i think. it has very helpfull , in the work of me
so I think, i should backup the all data, inside panel p41
-- I will do it by myself, although , I know this is very difficult for me. so I want to try , I try to test it, and backup the data.
the first. when I work it, I can make lost the all data, the but I also want test.
please, tell me how to in store the data, can you show me step by step. how to backup the data ?
thank you very much

Last edited:
Hi letranlong,

generally, this is very complicate as it is a funny mixture of all kind of data on the panel.

You have to decide how far you want to go in the first step

a) only save all data from the the panel and pray that you never need the backup

b) prepare a backup PP already now - so that in case you need it - you have it at your hand.

for a)

I would download with PLTrend all modules of the panel. you will have like 70 or 80 modules on the PC. And you leave them alone until you need them.

for b)

I would work with PVI as it is more convenient for Downloading and storing the hole procedure in a script file (*.pil).

Create a pil-file and load a modul list (text file with the name of all modules).

use this list to create a donwload procedure in the pil-file

of course you need a spare PP to test your operations. I assume it will take you maybe one week until you have a back up panel ready to use.

Of course, maybe you want to find somebody local from your place (B&R member) to do all this stuff. The major problem is - as you can imagine - that you dont have experiance....

BR
BB
hello bits'bytes
how are you to day?
please, you help me.
i have a question for your help, I have found errors when I upload panel p41. those errors are shown that I send attach emage.what is errors: 13076 ?
could you help me how to fix those errors .
thank you very much
see you soon

Last edited:
hi everybody.
please, help me backup the data panel P41 by the teamview program.
if everybody help me, can I send everybody the your ID and password of teamview program
I think. if hasn't everybody, I will haven't backup the data not ok.
Thank you very much. advance

hi kopitalk
the first i want study plc of B&R.
so i think. it has very helpfull , in the work of me
If you want to learn properly about B&R programming, you can contact B&R Vietnam representative for information on Automation Studio training. Here is their contact, which I found on B&R website:
Duc Phong Technology & Automation Corporation
02 Duy Tan Street
Hiep Phu Ward
District 9
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone:+84 / 8 37360165
Fax:+84 / 8 37360166
email: [email protected]
Technical support: [email protected]
so I think, i should backup the all data, inside panel p41
-- I will do it by myself, although , I know this is very difficult for me. so I want to try , I try to test it, and backup the data.
the first. when I work it, I can make lost the all data, the but I also want test.
please, tell me how to in store the data, can you show me step by step. how to backup the data ?
thank you very much
In my understanding you can upload everything from a working panel, but you may not be able to restore them back properly to a new panel. But since you want to learn and ONLY for your learning sake, I will show you how.

I think by now you already know how to upload all other things except those under Cyclic and Exception. For these task modules you need to use Runtime Utility Center to do it. Please see the attached screenshot of the instructions you can follow.

Disclaimer: Please note that I'm writing this for your learning and don't ask me how to RESTORE these into a new panel because there's absolutely NO guarantee you can do this. You should contact your machine maker instead.

upload.jpg

Hello,
13076 tells that the comport you are using is not existent. Please see the 2nd screenshot of yours, in the bottom line it is showing the text (sorry, this is B&R Text, its a bit global, as 'FILE' is here more internal and wants to tell COM-PORT)...

You have to set the connection parameters.

Please take your time and read the 'how to ...' manual of PLTrend if you intend to use.

BR
BB