Crimson 3.0 elementary question

tommy23t

Hi All,
Finally getting through the SLC brick project on the G304K- kudos to Red Lion for the fix, it does communicate with the brick!🍻
My problem is that I cannot seem to find how to input a specific bit for a pushbutton. My timers work fine, I can change presets, but trying to use a screen pushbutton does not seem to work.
The problem is that the A/B uses bit level, the Red Lion word level. If I define the button as B11/17, which is B11/1.1, the Crimsom only gives me "word as word" in the B field- not able to get down to the single bit. I assume this would make the entire word true-if I choose B11:1.
I found at the end of the manual a reference to try:

CHANGING BIT VALUES
To change a bit within a tag, use the syntax Data.Bit=1 or Data.Bit=0 to set or clear the bit as required, where Data is the tag in question and Bit is the zero-based bit number. Note again that the value on the right-hand side of the = operator can be an expression if desired, such that an example such as Data.1=(Level>10) can be used to set or clear a bit depending on whether or not a tank level exceeds a preset value.

I tried entering my tag "man1.1=1" in the general data field, it did not like that. (man1 was defined in the tag as B11:0001)

Hopefully, I am overlooking the obvious, any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
tommy23t

Last edited:
:)

This gets everybody at first.

Make sure you choose a Flag tag type for a bit address. Then, on the tag screen, Data Source tab, you have the word level as the source, "B011:0001" then below that you have Extent "One Item", then Treat As "Bit Array Little Endian" and below that is where you choose the bit number "1" in your case.

Flag_Bit_address.png

Last edited:
Hey OkiePC!! (y)
Thanks so much, never would have stumbled upon that and still had all my hair!!

Have a great weekend, you made mine. :D
Thanks again

tommyt

I have been burnt by that one as well.
I bet Paul got burnt also. You get use to it being easy and then change to a new platform.